onsdag 19 november 2008

Product Review, Bluetooth headset, Sony DR-BT50

Some 6 month ago I purchased a bluetooth headset. Here I would like to write now about my impression of them. There is a lot of talk on the net about the sound quality in bluetooth headsets and how the BT unit is what you pay for, not sound quality. This might be so for true sound freaks, but for me this is not the crucial point. I'm completely happy with the sound quality and I'm quite sure there are other factors that affect this more (pod, sound format, surrounding environment etc...). So my list of pros and cons:

Pros


  • Very comfortable
  • Excellent sound
  • Great battery time

Cons


  • Too short buffering time of the music. If the headphones looses connection there is a glitch in the music.
  • The microphone is way to sensitive. It is not possible to use the headphones for talking anywhere but in the home with no other sound playing. In particular on the bus or in the car you can simply forget about using them. The person you'r speaking to will go mad.
  • The two hoops holding the two speaker units (one for each ear) should have been made in aluminium as parts of the main hoop is. I managed to break on of these fairy fast. Now I reinforced them with my own aluminium hoops, but of course it would have been nicer not to have to do that.

Inga kommentarer: