lördag 16 november 2019

Seriously California, you are not making you best effort!


I recently had the opportunity to visit Silicon Valley. The stay was a pleasure, interesting meetings and great weather. But I must say I got quite upset. It was my first visit there, and it was very clear - California: you are not making your best effort here. I am of course talking about climate. Some examples:
  • San Jose is, I don't know how, large. 4-5 lane roads, enormous parking lots and virtually no public transportation. Only 1-store buildings. This is not a building culture that is sustainable.
  • On every single trash can I could find, it was printed "land fill". What the heck California? This is something we stopped doing in Sweden 40-50 years ago.
  • In my hotel the cleaning lady changed my toilet roll even though it was at least 1/3 of the paper left. Enough to last several days for me! Just because it looks good. I am sure they throw that roll.
These are just some observations of the fact that this "liberal" state does not care. Here, in the richest area in the wold - without competition - nobody really cares about the environment. They care about exits, autonomous cars and apps.
I think California should feel ashamed. You have been the most lucky, yes lucky, in the world and you are not prepared to give anything back. That's BS. Shame on you!

Inga kommentarer: